Requirement for Admission into Degree Programmes at Finnish UAS

Started by MyInfoStride, Sep 08, 2009, 05:32 PM

MyInfoStride

Requirement for Admission into Degree Programmes at University of Applied Sciences in Finland

Please get the following ready:

1. TOEFL score 550pbt /213crt /79-80ibt; IELTS academic score 5.5
2. Certified copy of WAEC/NECO certificate(s) and WAEC/NECO scratch card for online verifications (Nigerian/West-African Candidates)
3. Apply online between January  and February yearly. Note that the admissions here are meant for programmes in English only. Go to admissions.fi for online application when available.
4. You are allowed to select 4 programmes in 4 University of Applied Sciences.
5. Please prioritise your selection with your scale of preference.
6. Print out the confirmation sheet with the assigned ID, and then send to the first school of choice with the credentials in number 1 & 2 above. Please do not send the originals.
7. When short-listed, you will be contacted with Entrance Examination Invitation Letter(s) from your chosen school(s) in March/April. Then, you will see the details of your Examination Venue, dates (mostly between April/May). Examination questions are programme-determined but resources can be found online or always check for updates here. (Simply search the forum)
8. If you choose the same programme in your 4 schools of choice, one examination covers or may cover all the four schools. So, think deeply when applying and put all possibilities into consideration.

9. Congratulations!!! If you pass the examination...Ticket to Finland.

Share & Retrieve!

Admin

If you're planning to study in Finland, it is not too early to start preparing now. Remember, studying in Finland is tuition-free. So, you need not bother yourself about school fees once you qualified.

Adex4LOVE

MyInfoStride

The official website for joint application for admission into Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences will be opened tomorrow. Check the link below for details:

===>>> Online Application to UAS/Polytechnics in Finland

michael4567

Dear Moderator,

I just wanted to confirm if i can write the TOEFL (English Based Test) sometime in Late December to meet up with the 2012 admission in Finish Universities..

Michael

MyInfoStride

Quote from: michael4567 on Oct 02, 2011, 03:30 PM
Dear Moderator,

I just wanted to confirm if i can write the TOEFL (English Based Test) sometime in Late December to meet up with the 2012 admission in Finish Universities..

Michael

Hello Michael,

There are two admissions in Finland. 1. Bachelor's Degree and 2. Master Degree. Bear in mind that TOEFL result is made available around 15 days after the test. Consider postage and stuff. The earlier you seat for the examination the better it is. But prepare well.

- Bachelor's Degree application period usually starts in mid-January to February yearly.

- Master Degree application period varies. Please check the routine below:

Master Degree Programmes in Finland - Application Period

The application periods for academic year 2012 - 2013 are indicated below. Please note that one university can have several different application periods.

University deadlines:

Hanken School of Economics:
•   January 16 – March 1, 2012

Lappeenranta University of Technology:
•   January 2 – February 14, 2012

University of Eastern Finland:
depending on the programme,
•   December 1, 2011 – January 31, 2012
•   February 1 – March 16, 2012

University of Helsinki:
•   November 21, 2011 – January 31, 2012

University of Jyväskylä: depending on the programme,
•   November 21, 2011 – January 9, 2012
•   November 21, 2011 – January 16, 2012
•   November 21, 2011 – February 29, 2012

University of Lapland:
•   December 1, 2011 – February 17, 2012

University of Oulu:
•   November 21, 2011 – January 31, 2012

University of Tampere: depending on the programme,
•   December 1, 2011 – February 15, 2012
•   December 1, 2011 – March 15, 2012

University of Turku:
•   depending on the programme,
•   December 1, 2011 – February 29, 2012
•   January 2, – March 15, 2012

Åbo Akademi University:

Source: UAF - Application Period

Jibolaa

Hi Moderator,
Thanks for the Info, Pls can I apply for Masters at Finish Universities (UAS) with Higher National Diploma from Nigeria polytehnic. If posible what's the Duration (Year of Study)
Thanks

MyInfoStride

Quote from: Jibolaa on Oct 03, 2011, 07:29 AM
Hi Moderator,
Thanks for the Info, Pls can I apply for Masters at Finish Universities (UAS) with Higher National Diploma from Nigeria polytehnic. If posible what's the Duration (Year of Study)
Thanks

HND is not recognised for Masters in Finland and therefore not accepted. I will advise you to enroll for Bachelors.

Davo

Hello moderator please i have someone that hold GCE of 7credit is it acceptable there?

MyInfoStride

Quote from: Davo on Oct 28, 2011, 10:35 PM
Hello moderator please i have someone that hold GCE of 7credit is it acceptable there?

Yes. English Language and Mathematics must be included.

MyInfoStride