How to Auto-Post to ping.fm from Your Forum/Website

Started by MyInfoStride, Jul 19, 2010, 07:37 AM

MyInfoStride

This write-up will explain to you how you can automatically post or update your ping.fm account with new posts on your forum or website. With this instruction, every new posts get to ping.fm instantly and ping.fm now distribute to your social networks integrated with it. Update your social networks in real time using any feed on the web using Superfeedr and Ping.fm!

Please Note: Ping.fm is a simple and FREE service that makes updating your social networks a snap! If you are thinking of promoting your forum contents free and quick, then consider ping.fm.

For detailed information on how ping.fm works check this out: How to Easily Increase Your Website, Forum, & Blog Visitors with ping.fm.

After you have registered with and integrated your social network (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Delicious etc) accounts with ping.fm, and followed the instructions in the link above, then next instruction will explain how to auto-post to or auto-update your ping.fm.

There are several methods available to do this but will only treat one method now and discuss more in the future posts.

Steps to Auto-Update ping.fm:

•   Login to your ping.fm account
•   Go to Dashboard
•   Check for and click on "Feeds by Superfeedr" under "Service/Tools"
•   Enter your feed URL
•   Click on "Add"

It is as simple as that...

Share your comment and feedback about this instruction and how it works for you.

Adex4LOVE

MegaDeal

This is great! The cheapest and costless means of increasing traffic. Thumb up The InfoStride!

Admin

This is for your attention if you experience similar challenge:

Quote from: ActivePatriot on Jul 30, 2010, 01:58 AM
Hate to rain on the parade, especially since it sounded so good I spent 5 hours of my life setting up accounts and the auto-post you detailed infostrides but.....

Having done all that, I posted to see how it all was going to work out.  I checked the social networks and Hooray! it was auto posting to all the social networks I had connected.  Then I sat back and waited for the increased hits back to my pages I was expecting.....

and waited....and waited

No rise, what the heck?

Turns out Ping was sending the feeds to the networks as post reply to thread.  Since it's like this, visiters coming from the social network sites run smack into a register or log-in screen instead of seeing the post!

Seems to be an ongoing issue with Ping Feeds that the company won't even address in it's blog.  Ping members have been complaining for months.

I was hoping it was something I did wrong, but that does not appear to be the case.  Until Ping fixes that and shows it can be reliable and responsive to members who were depending on them, I'll settle for the old fashioned way. 

Maybe you can have sway with them and tell them to get their act together because I still would like to use this in the future.

You're very right with all that said but note that using ping also increases chances of getting your forum contents crawled instantly by spiders like Google, bing, etc. That is a plus!

On seeing login when you auto-post to ping, there is trick to that... Please disable "Short URL" in your ping settings.

Go to Settings ====> Default Settings. Uncheck everything and click update settings.

Please let me know if this work for you.

Quote from: ActivePatriot on Jul 30, 2010, 08:20 PM
Quick update for those considering using Ping.

After changing my setting in the Ping account how Infostrides mentioned above, the problem I had was corrected.

That being said, I see great potential in using Ping for increasing traffic to your site and would definitely recommend it.

I'll be tracking my google analytics and adsense and let you guys know the results in a month or so.

oldiesmann

Does anyone know if the login/reply thing is still an issue with Ping.fm? I'm looking for a good alternative to the 2by2host Twitter/Facebook mod and am considering either ping.fm or Twitterfeed. Twitterfeed works well, and will get my topics through within 30 minutes, but if I can get things there sooner, I may be willing to use ping.fm instead.

MyInfoStride

Quote from: oldiesmann on Sep 30, 2010, 06:06 AM
Does anyone know if the login/reply thing is still an issue with Ping.fm? I'm looking for a good alternative to the 2by2host Twitter/Facebook mod and am considering either ping.fm or Twitterfeed. Twitterfeed works well, and will get my topics through within 30 minutes, but if I can get things there sooner, I may be willing to use ping.fm instead.

As said in my previous post, on seeing login when you auto-post to ping, there is a trick to that... Please disable "Short URL" in your ping settings.

Go to Settings ====> Default Settings. Uncheck everything and click update settings.

You check our Facebook & Twitter page for confirmation:
InfoStrides Koncepts | Facebook
http://www.twitter.com/TheInfoStrides

Install "PingThis SMF Mod" so that you & your website visitors can manually share your forum contents on their social media.

Please let me know if these work for you.

denverdude

Thank for the write up...stumbled upon something similar to this a few days back and have since been testing.

The major problem that i am having is the links have "/feed" or "/comments" or even "/#" at the end of them.  I've had the everything unchecked even before this.

Any suggestions?

MyInfoStride

Quote from: denverdude on Oct 05, 2010, 03:02 PM
Thank for the write up...stumbled upon something similar to this a few days back and have since been testing.

The major problem that i am having is the links have "/feed" or "/comments" or even "/#" at the end of them.  I've had the everything unchecked even before this.

Any suggestions?

Can you please post a screen shot of this issue?

denverdude

Quote from: InfoStrides on Oct 05, 2010, 03:15 PM
Can you please post a screen shot of this issue?

Sent you a PM.  Not to keen on sharing my site due to some things in the past.

Thanks.

MyInfoStride

Quote from: denverdude on Oct 05, 2010, 03:39 PM
Sent you a PM.  Not to keen on sharing my site due to some things in the past.

Thanks.

Check out default settings as shown below:

- Login to your ping.fm account
- Click on Settings
- Click on Default Setting

Work around the settings and see if your case improve. Let us know?

What CMS software are you using?

Why this statement? "Not to keen on sharing my site due to some things in the past." Please share your experience with us.
"

MyInfoStride