Katie Couric Speaks Against Anti-Muslim Bigotry, Suggests Muslim 'Cosby Show' (VIDEO)

Started by NewsCaster, Jan 02, 2011, 01:01 PM

NewsCaster

Katie Couric spoke out against anti-Muslim bigotry and said America may need a Muslim version of "The Cosby Show" to counteract it.

Speaking on her web show, Couric said that the controversy surrounding the Islamic cultural center near Ground Zero had exposed a "seething hatred" for Muslims in America:

QuoteI also think sort of the chasm between, or, the bigotry expressed against Muslims in this country has been one of the most disturbing stories to surface this year. Of course, a lot of noise was made about the Islamic Center, mosque, down near the World Trade Center, but I think there wasn't enough sort of careful analysis and evaluation of where this bigotry toward 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide, and how this seething hatred many people feel for all Muslims, which I think is so misdirected, and so wrong--and so disappointing.

She then said that she thinks there may need to be a Muslim version of "The Cosby Show."

"'The Cosby Show' did so much to change attitudes about African-Americans in this country, and I think sometimes people are afraid of what they don't understand," she said.

Katie Couric Speaks Against Anti-Muslim Bigotry, Suggests Muslim 'Cosby Show' (VIDEO)