How to Find Free Textbooks and eBooks Online

Started by MyInfoStride, Aug 31, 2010, 08:25 PM

MyInfoStride

You might be surprised by how many good  and free textbook sites there are out there. You don't have to break the bank to finance a good education; there are plenty of places on the Web where you can find and download free online textbooks for nearly any class available. Here are few sources on the Web you can use to find free textbooks and ebooks freely available to either download or print offline or view online in your browser

You just need to know where to look. Here are just a few that I've found...

1. Gutenberg Audio Books: Download thousands of free classic audio books at the Gutenberg Audio Books Project. You can choose between human-read audio books, or books read by computers.

Link: The Audio Books Project - Gutenberg

2. PDFGeni - Free PDF Search Engine: PDFGeni is a dedicated pdf search engine for PDF ebooks, manual, catalogs, sheets, forms and documents. Search for free Business, Computer, Engineering, and Trade magazines.

Link: Free PDF Search Engine

3. Scribd: Millions of documents and books at your fingertips! Read, print, download, and send them to your mobile devices instantly. Or upload your PDF, Word, and PowerPoint docs to share them with the world's largest community of readers.

Link: Scribd

4. PDF Search Engine: PDF Search Engine is a book search engine search on sites, forums, message boards for pdf files. You can find and download a tons of e-books but please respect the publisher and the author for their creations if their books copyrighted.

Link: http://www.pdf-search-engine.com

5. DailyLit: DailyLit is a bit different from the rest but I really like what they're doing there. DailyLit can deliver a small excerpt from the book of your choice to your email on a daily basis. One excerpt per day, and so untill the book is finished.

Link: DailyLit: Read books online by daily email and RSS feed

More resources will be shared later. Just follow us...

dakphone

raphokeke

I love this Post cos it's filled with vital information....

EmekaWilson

We medical student find it very difficult buying some textbooks cuz of their prices. I believe with this we can find good textbooks to download. Thanks for sharing.... 

Harrisoncr7

Olisa

Olisa