True Life Story: My marriage got off on the wrong foot – Husband

Started by Emmy Baba, Aug 15, 2012, 12:16 PM

Emmy Baba

A 43-year-old man, Uchenna Nwosu, recently pleaded with an Agege Customary Court in Lagos to dissolve his marriage of eight years.

The father of three accused his wife, Christiana, of being disobedient, nagging and assaulting him publicly.

He claimed that the marriage started on a wrong foot and because of that, it could no longer work.

"My wife is a very disobedient woman, she nags at every little thing I do. She disobeys me and also encourages the children to disobey me as well.

"That woman is a liar because she lied to me about her age. I found out when I was going through her school certificates.

"When I confronted her, she said I should mind my own business, that it is her life. To me, this is not marriage, this is hell.

"On May 28, 2011, she wanted to go out that evening but I was trying to persuade her not to go because her children needed her to prepare food for them. Instead of her to stay back, she left, giving the excuse that she had an important thing to attend to.

"When she came back, she met my children and I watching a programme on the television, the next thing she did was to switch off the television and asked me to return the money she lost because I delayed her from achieving what she went out to get. I saw that I couldn't handle the situation again so I moved out.

"A month later, she came to my office to embarrass me. She tore my shirt in the public pretending to demand the children's school fees. Due to this incident, the management asked me to resign.

"Before I got married to her, my family did not approve of our union, but I went ahead because of the love I had for her then but now, I can't take it anymore, I want a divorce," Uchenna pleaded.

However, Christiana refused to show up at any of the hearings at the Magistrate's Court and the Customary Court.

The president of the court, Mr. Emmanuel Sokunle adjourned the case till Aug. 15 for continuation of hearing.

Source: Punch

Prosper

this story is somehow o.well all the same comit it in GODS HANDS.

walax

Marriage!!! Only God can save us. These are people that were very much in love b4 marriage, now she is this n that and the husband is another thing.

walax