Amazing! 30 Ghanaian Couples Marry On Same Day At The Same Venue (PHOTOS)

Started by emezico, Feb 16, 2012, 10:09 AM

emezico

It is a declaration to God firstly and the community that you have made the ultimate decision.

I am very pleased to be part of this event and be a part of these couples' great journey which will begin with the Lord."

In addition to the vetting process, thoroughly comprehensive counselling was enforced to ensure that each couple understands the implications of their choice, the meaning of their union and what to expect from each other.

The counselling session was also a period where each couple had the uninhibited opportunity to know their partner better through activities and guided communication.

Explaining the excitement behind ceremony, station manager of Happy FM, Charles Osei-Asibey said, "Valentine's Day is not only about love, it's about sharing and caring.

This is why we wanted to share in the day of these beautiful couples and show them and the Ghanaian community at large that we care.

We are so thrilled with the reception and as usual the numbers were staggering but we could only pick 30 couples to ensure that the optimum experience is had."

Counselling sessions included couples being treated to spa dates, cooking lessons, movie dates amongst others to inculcate the habit of enjoying each other's company and learning fun things they could both do. Couples will also be treated to a honeymoon package after the ceremony.

The Happy FM Mass wedding is a corporate social responsibility which has facilitated the marriage of more than 150 couples, with over 1500 witnesses each year.

30 Ghanaian couples

MyInfoStride

Wonderful! This is recommendable for Guinness Book of Records... What do you think?

emezico

Quote from: Dewale on Feb 16, 2012, 10:14 AM
Wonderful! This is recommendable for Guinness Book of Records... What do you think?

l am of the same opinion! :)

MyInfoStride

I was discussing this with a Ghanaian friend today about this kind of marriage. He told me that the system started 5 years ago by a particular church (Catholic or a cathedral) just to save costs incurred on marriage. Then, the idea was now snatched by the media houses. Anyway, it is wonderful to know this....

emezico

Quote from: Dewale on Feb 16, 2012, 11:48 PM
I was discussing this with a Ghanaian friend today about this kind of marriage. He told me that the system started 5 years ago by a particular church (Catholic or a cathedral) just to save costs incurred on marriage. Then, the idea was now snatched by the media houses. Anyway, it is wonderful to know this....

Ahaa...the media made it look like a new thing in Ghana, despite the fact that it started 5 years ago. Anyway, it is amazing! :)

emezico