National Open University- NOUN Honours UNIZIK Professor, Joy Eyisi

Started by Sunexx360, Sep 27, 2012, 09:37 AM

Sunexx360

The National Open University of Nigeria(NOUN) recently honoured Prof. Joy Eyisi of the English Department, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka(NAU), Anambra State as NOUN ambassador for her contributions in promoting NOUN as an option for tertiary education.
     Prof. Eyisi, who was on sabbatical in 2011 at NOUN headquarters in Lagos, received the award, amidst praise from principal officers of university and directors of the 42 study centres nationwide.
      Eyisi who was made a Professor in 2007 was awarded for single-handedly taking the crusade to some states in the South-East to create awareness about NOUN.
  This attracted the attention of the University's top management staff.In her word 'in my career as a lecturer of English in a university,i have received categories of award,"but today's award is indeed very special to me.
Prof. Vincent Tenebe,NOUN VC,described the award as a well deserved one as the Best Sabbatical Leave Staff for 2011.
Theinfostrides congratulates Professor Mrs, Joy Eyisi on the remarkable achievement