The Joint Task Force in Yobe state has confirmed that they killed four suspected terrorists and arrested four others on Tuesday morning during an raid on a hideout in Yobe state.
JTF spokesman Eli Lazarus told newsmen that operatives recovered also 1 Thuraya satellite phone, 18 SIM cards, 13 mobile phones, 2 laptops, 21 wristwatches, 3 AK47 Assault rifles and 42 rounds of ammunition.
He said the JTF acted based on information it received that some of the gunmen who took part in an attack on Fika town on Sunday - in which a police stations, GSM masts and a primary school were destroyed - had sought shelter at the house located some 185 kilometers North West of Damaturu.
The raid which began around 3am around Unguwar Makatarbarta and Abuja Amare along Yusufari road on the northern outskirts of Gashua town threw residents into a state of panic and forced many to stay indoors till late in the morning.
JTF spokesman Eli Lazarus confirmed to Daily Trust that the building targeted was a suspected terrorist hideout.
Residents who witnessed the raid had earlier told Daily Trust that at least two of the occupants of the building that was raided were killed during the exchange with the JTF.
The occupants had, on noticing armed JTF operatives cordoning off the area around 3am, opened fire to which the JTF responded.
The building was also burnt down at the end of the raid and residents claim the JTF recovered some materials from the building.
Daily Trust
Good job by the JTF, they will continue to succeed in their fight against terrorism.