The InfoStride Forum

NEWS and REPORTS => World News => Topic started by: NewsCaster on Nov 20, 2012, 01:31 AM

Title: Philippines mourns La. oil platform blast victims
Post by: NewsCaster on Nov 20, 2012, 01:31 AM
(http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/121119-rig-search-kb-11a.photoblog600.jpg)Gerald Herbert  / AP fileDamage from an explosion on an oil rig is seen in the Gulf of Mexico, about 25 miles southeast of Grand Isle, La., on Nov. 16.By NBC News staff and news services The Philippine Embassy said Monday that Philippine officials have been sent to Louisiana to help Filipino workers who were wounded in an explosion and fire last week at an oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico.

Follow @NBCNewsUS (http://twitter.com/NBCNewsUS)The body of one of two missing Filipino workers was found Saturday and turned over to the Jefferson Parish coroner. He was identified on Monday as Ellroy Corporal, 42. The second man, identified as Jerome Malagapo, remains missing. Four people remain hospitalized.



The U.S. Coast Guard has called off its search for Malagapo, but Black Elk Energy, the Houston-based owner of the ill-fated platform, continued looking on its own.

“We know that it has been more than 48 hours but we Filipinos always believe in miracles and we continue to pray that our other kababayan (countryman) will be found alive,” Philippine Ambassador Jose L. Cuisia Jr. in Washington said on Sunday in a statement.

NBCNews