(http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/121205-StuartHall-hmed-238p.photoblog600.jpg)Stefan Rousseau / AFP - Getty ImagesIn this file picture taken on March 22, 2012 British presenter Stuart Hall poses with his Officer of the British Empire (OBE) medal presented to him by Britain's Queen Elizabeth II at an investiture ceremony in Buckingham Palace. By Michael Holden and Alessandra Prentice, ReutersA veteran BBC TV and radio presenter was charged with three counts of indecent assault by British police on Wednesday, the latest high-profile figure to be questioned since a intercourse scandal erupted at Britain's publicly funded broadcaster.
Follow @NBCNewsWorld (https://twitter.com/NBCNewsWorld)The charges will be a further embarrassment for the BBC, which was thrown into turmoil when it was revealed in October that one of its former top stars, the late Jimmy Savile, had been one of Britain's most prolific child intercourse offenders.
Stuart Hall, 82, best known for hosting the popular TV program "It's a Knockout" in the 1970s and 80s and who still appears on radio, was not charged with rape, police said.
"The offenses are alleged to have been committed between 1974 and 1984 and to involve three girls aged between 9 and 16 years," police said in a statement.
NBCNews