(http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-121205-auckland-bcol-812p.photoblog600.jpg)Nigel Marple / ReutersRescue workers inspect the scene where at least two men are believed to be dead inside a truck (C) at a building site in the suburb of Hobsonville after a reported tornado went through in Auckland Dec. 6.By NBC News staffUpdated at 11:25 p.m. ET: Three people were killed and several injured Thursday when high winds -- possibly from a tornado -- struck in the outskirts of Auckland, New Zealand, police officials told New Zealand media.
Follow @NBCNewsWorld (https://twitter.com/NBCNewsWorld) Two deaths occurred in the northwestern suburb of Hobsonville when a concrete slab fell on a truck, the New Zealand Herald reported on its website (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10852307), citing a fire services spokesman. But Radio New Zealand said the truck had been carrying the slab (http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/122754/fatal-storm-hits-auckland-suburb). It was not immediately possible to reconcile the reports. Giant concrete blocks were reported toppled at a school construction site, possibly trapping workers beneath, the Herald reported.
NBCNews