Monaco's shopping spree continued on Friday when they agreed to buy Colombia striker Radamel Falcao from Atletico Madrid, taking their transfer spending past 120 million euros since being promoted to Ligue 1.
.
The 27-year-old is set to sign a five-year contract with the principality club, Monaco said on their website (www.asm-fc.com). The fee was not disclosed but media reports put it at mover than 50 million euros.
.
Falcao's arrival at Monaco follows closely on the heels of fellow new recruits James Rodriguez, who is also Colombian, and Portuguese pair Joao Moutinho and Ricardo Carvalho.
.
Dmitry Rybolovlev, the Russian billionaire who owns the club, said: "We are absolutely delighted Radamel Falcao has accepted the challenge of coming to play for Monaco. We are proud to have secured one of the best players in the world."
.
Midfielders Rodriguez and Moutinho joined last week from Porto for a combined fee of 70 million euros while free-agent Carvalho left Real Madrid three days ago.
.
The sought-after Falcao said on his Twitter feed he could not wait to play for the former French champions who also reached the Champions League final in 2004.
.
"I'm eager to start this challenge. I count on your support," said the Colombian who has scored 28 goals in La Liga this season with one match left at Real Zaragoza on Saturday.
.
He netted a hat-trick at Monaco's Stade Louis II stadium when Atletico thrashed Chelsea 4-1 in the European Super Cup in August.