English Championship side Queens Park Rangers on Friday said that French striker Djibril Cisse had left the club "by mutual consent".
.
The 31-year-old joined the west London club from Italian side Lazio in January 2012, when QPR were still in the top-flight English Premier League. He made 29 appearances in all competitions and scored 10 goals but spent the second half of last season on loan at Al-Gharafa, in Qatar.
.
"The club would like to thank Djibril for his contribution and wish him all the best for the future," a statement said on qpr.co.uk. QPR manager Harry Redknapp is looking to reduce the club's wage bill after the club were relegated and has already off- loaded striker Jay Bothroyd.
.
Former Liverpool forward Cisse had a year left on his contract and had been linked to a move to French Ligue 1 side Montpellier. But the 2011/2012 French championship winners' chairman, Louis Nicollin, said this week he would not sign "a guy who plays DJ in bars" -- a reference to reports that Cisse had DJ'd in the city last week.
.
Cisse responded on his Twitter account on Thursday night: "What a shame it's not to be with Montpellier, a lovely club, a beautiful city with an idiot chairman who criticises everyone.
.
"It can't be easy to have such an idiot as a chairman every day."
Cisse has been a fantastic player ever since his career kicked off but right now I feel he should start considering Retirement.