The government said on Tuesday that "all assembly and preparations" for a controversial planned satellite launch had been completed.
The country holds that launching a peaceful satellite does not violate its commitment to suspend missile tests and says it is part of the centenary celebrations for the birth of the country's founder Kim Il Sung.
But a number of regional countries have expressed fear of falling debris from the launch, including the Philippines which is rerouting 20 airlines to avoid any potential collision.