Three weeks after his company Conoil Plc was allegedly implicated in the fuel subsidy scam, billionaire businessman Mike Adenuga has been awarded Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger (GCON) by the Federal Government.
The Federal Government indicted Conoil Plc and 22 others in the fuel subsidy scandal and said that the companies were being investigated for fraudulent activities in the fuel subsidy regime. The GCON award used to be the exclusive preserve of vice presidents, senate presidents and chief justices of the federation but President Goodluck Jonathan broke the tradition last year when he awarded it to another billionaire businessman Aliko Dangote
This year's list has 11 Commander of the Federal Republic (CFR), 25 Commander of the Niger (CON), 24 Order of the Federal Republic (OFR), 38 Order of the Niger (OON), 38 Member of the Federal Republic (MFR) and 12 Member of the Order of the Niger (MON).
{loadposition user30}
Six serving and two retired Supreme Court judges, Inspector General of Police M.D. Abubakar, first governor of Lagos State Mobolaji Johnson and Chief Gabriel Osawaru Igbenidion were awarded CFR.
A press statement signed by the Permanent Secretary Special Duties in the office of the SGF Dr. Henry Akpan said government has concluded preparations for the conferment of National Honours Award on "149 Nigerians and others."
Akpan said "President Goodluck Jonathan will conduct the 2012 National Honours Award Investiture of deserving Nigerians and friends of Nigeria."
He added that the investiture will hold on September 17, 2012 at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.
Daily Trust
The man has tried his best.
He has created lots of job for Nigerians.
He will always be remembered