Some ex-militants in Ondo State have protested against the alleged denial of their monthly allowances by the Amnesty Office.
The Amnesty Office supervises the Presidential Amnesty Programme headed by the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs, Chief Kingley Kuku.
Spokesman for the group, Mr. Sunday Tundigha, told reporters in Akure on Sunday that they were being victimised because of their support for Governor Olusegun Mimiko's re-election bid.
The protesters insisted that they were beneficiaries of the amnesty programme as drawn out by the late President Umaru Yar'Adua.
Tundigha said, "We are confounded to note with regrets that Kuku has been using the progrmamme to score cheap political points by intimidating those who are against his choice of Chief Olusola Oke as his choice candidate for the governorship election in the state.
"We know that Kuku did not get his appointment under any political party, but because he is from Ondo State.
"We are pained that he is now using the amnesty progrmamme to victimise us because we disagreed with him even though some of us are members of his party, the PDP.
"We wish to recall that Kuku, at a rally in Arogbo, on September 23 did threaten all those who are beneficiaries of the amnesty that any of us who refused to support the PDP would be sanctioned."
Tundigha also alleged that a lawmaker from the area had been detailed to compile the names of suspected anti-PDP amnesty beneficiaries.
But the Head of Media, Amnesty Office Abuja, Mr. Dan Alabrah, denied the allegation.
He said, "The amnesty programme is not politicised. The mode of payment is computerised and they are usually paid on 26th of every month.
"The non-payment of some people could nothave been politicised. There may be a delay in the system."