Breaking News - Reports: Canadian kills 2 in Philippines court

Started by NewsCaster, Jan 22, 2013, 05:30 PM

NewsCaster

Chester Baldicantos / APPolice examine the scene where prosecutor Maria Teresa Casino was wounded at the Regional Trial Court building in Cebu city in central Philippines on Tuesday.By Ian Johnston, Staff Writer, NBC NewsA Canadian man shot dead a doctor who was suing him and the doctor’s lawyer in a court in the Philippines on Tuesday, according to reports.

Police said the man had smuggled a pistol into the court in the central city of Cebu, the AFP news agency reported.

The report said the Canadian had been accused of petty mischief.

A government prosecutor was also injured and the Canadian was shot and wounded during a melee, police told local radio DZBB. His condition was not clear Tuesday.

BBC News reported that the 65-year-old had been accused of mischief by his neighbors.

AFP said there was a public debate in the Philippines over stricter gun-control laws after a number of gun-related deaths in January.58commentintercourseplore related topics: asia-pacific, featured, canada, court, guns, philippines, shot, cebu
NBCNews