Nigeria @ 52: Again, anniversary to hold in Villa

Started by DT, Oct 01, 2012, 08:31 AM

DT

Today's independence celebration will take place inside the Presidential Villa for a second year running.  

A statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media, Reuben Abati, said a military parade will take place inside the Aso Rock Villa. The statement said: "The President will also watch a ceremonial Change of Guards by the Nigerian Army Brigade of Guards, at the State House, Abuja. This ceremony will be witnessed by Vice President Mohammed Namadi Sambo, Senate President David Mark, House of Representatives Speaker Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, Chief Justice of Nigeria, Mariam Aloma Mukhtar, former heads of state, members of the diplomatic corps, political leaders, government officials, and other dignitaries.

[Related]

{loadposition user31}

"The event will be transmitted live, from 10.00 am, on the NTA and FRCN Networks, and other broadcast stations across the country."

The President will earlier this morning address the nation in a broadcast marking the 52nd independence anniversary of the country.

Abati said "as part of the acti-vities marking Nigeria's 52nd Independence anniversary, Presi-dent Goodluck Jonathan will address the nation on Monday, October 1, 2012.

{loadposition user30}

"The broadcast will be aired at 7.00 am. All television stations are advised to hook up to the Nigerian Television Authority for clean feed, while radio stations should hook up to the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria."

Last year, the presidency said the event took place inside the Presidential Villa because the orga-nizing committee designed the programme to be so.

Daily Trust

Folami David

congratulations to the most populous black nation in the world