FG Begins Inspection On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Project

Started by Sunexx360, Oct 01, 2012, 09:45 PM

Sunexx360

      A Federal Government team on Monday expressed satisfaction with the measures put in place to ensure a speedy completion of the reconstruction of parts of the Lagos-Ibadan expressway.
      The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Bi-Courtney Highway Services Ltd, concessionaire of the 106-km expressway, had last week mobilised two firms to start reconstruction works on the road.
Bi-Courtney's spokesman, Mr Dipo Kehinde, told NAN in Lagos that the inspection team expressed satisfaction with the quality of work and visited the Borini Prono Construction Company's Laboratory on Sept.28 in Sagamu, Ogun
      The Bi-Courtney spokesman identified the two construction companies handling the project as Borini Prono and CCC Construction Nig. Ltd., adding that major reconstruction would start from Km 32.
      Mr Jaiye Adewusi, the Director, Public Private Partnership Unit, who led the Federal Government team after the inspection, told the concessionaire: ``You have started well.
   `` We hope you will keep it up,'' he said.
      Mr Ejike Mgbemena, another member of theinspection team and FMW Regional Director,South West, said: ``The materials are well compacted, and the work is going on fine''.
       Kehinde said that Bi-Courtney intended to bring in more reputable contractors to speed up the reconstruction work.                  Source:leadershipng

Folami David

That is a good step from them.That road is dangerous