Feuding monarchs remain suspended –Amosun

Started by Sunexx360, Oct 15, 2012, 10:18 AM

Sunexx360

Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, has said the Olu of Itori, Oba Fatai Akamo and the Baale of Lapeleke, Chief AdisaAkinremi, will remain suspended until the state government examined the recommendations of the panel that probed the fight between the monarchs.
The monarchs penultimate week exchanged blows at a police station at Itori following a disagreement over a local dispute.
The monarchs were later interrogated and detained at the Police Command Headquarters, Eleweran.
But Amosun at a media forum on Friday in his office said the fate of the feuding monarchs would soon be decided.
The governor said he had already received the report of the one-man panel that investigated into the fracas between the monarchs.
He, therefore, stressed that the monarchs remained suspended until  the outcome of the report was made public.
On the alleged deduction of local government funds by his administration, Amosun challenged those making the claim to back it with facts.
He, however, said his government added N400m every month to the allocation of the councils, noting that he would not be party to any illegal deduction.
He noted that though the constitution stipulated that 20 per cent of the revenue generated in the local government be paid, his government had been giving them much.