7 suspects arrested over Mubi explosion

Started by Sunexx360, Oct 20, 2012, 10:18 AM

Sunexx360

SEVEN suspects have been arrested in connection with last Wednesday's explosion at Wuro Balude in Kasuwa Kuturu in Mubi North Local Government Area of Adamawa State.
A reliable source from the 23rd Armoured Brigade, Yola, at General G.S. Jallo Cantonment,on Thursday, said a 19-year-old was among the arrested suspects and six others who allegedly were the mastermind of the explosions.
Attempts made by Nigerian Tribune to confirm from the Army Public Relations Officer, Lieutenant Saleh Buba, proved abortive as he was said to be on official duty in Lagos.
However, some military sources, who spoke  on condition of anonymity, said  the incident had been brought under control.
Information from the brigade indicated that the teenager was in possession of a bucket allegedly containing improvised explosive device (IED) on the fateful day.
The sources claimed he had the intention of dropping the said bucket to explode on Kasuwa Kuturu area, not knowing that the IED was remote-controlled by the other suspects from a distance.
The IED consequently exploded on the teenager  and some army personnel. The army officers allegedly sustained minor injuries.
The teenager, according to sources, was said to be receiving medical care in one of the hospitals in Mubi North local Government Area.
Nigerian Tribune also gathered from the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Mohammed Ibrahim, that three military personnel sustained slight injuries and were treated and subsequently discharged from the hospital, on Wednesday.
When asked to confirm the number of suspects arrested so far, the image maker declined comment.
He said investigation was still in progress.                                            Source:Tribune Nigeria