FA handling of Terry case questioned

Started by KingFemzee, Oct 01, 2012, 03:31 AM

KingFemzee

The former FA chairman Lord Triesman has voiced fears that black players will feel let down by the way the association handled the John Terry racism case.

Terry, 31, was banned for four games and fined £220,000 after an FA panel found him guilty of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand during a match at Loftus Road in October.

The former England defender had been cleared of the offence after a court case in the summer. He had denied the charge, and may appeal against the FA verdict.

He also said the delay of almost a year between the incident at Loftus Road and an FA verdict on Terry was wrong.

"The delay, the fact it has taken a year, is unconscionable," he said. "You shouldn't have any kind of system which has got a judicial, judgmental element, which takes this long because it gives the impression people are indifferent to the issues. And people shouldn't be indifferent to the issues.