Wednesday International Football Headlines

Started by emezico, Jul 10, 2013, 10:02 AM

emezico

INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL HEADLINES:

***Fiorentina president Andrea Della Valle has told interested clubs that it will take a huge offer to prise Stevan Jovetic away from the club.

***Former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso has ruled out a return to the Premier League this summer. The Spaniard had been reportedly linked with a move back to Liverpool, with Chelsea also said to be interested in the Real Madrid man.

***Aston Villa will reluctantly sell Christian Benteke to Spurs - but are gearing up for a price war with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy. Villa's Belgium striker Benteke has handed in a transfer request and has now been given extended summer leave. (The Mirror)

***Real Madrid will offer Manchester United target Cristiano Ronaldo the chance to become the world's highest-paid player in an effort to keep him at the club. Anzhi Makhachkala's Samuel Eto'o is the best-paid footballer in the world, but Los Blancos will offer Ronaldo a package in excess of the £330,000 that the Cameroon striker earns weekly at the Russian club. (The Telegraph)

***Valencia coach Miroslav Djukic has declared that Tottenham Hotspur's target Roberto Soldado will not be leaving the club this summer.

***Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has re-stated his desire to leave the club and encouraged them to grant his wish. Suarez, who is wanted by Arsenal and Chelsea, is not due back for pre-season training for another 11 days. (The Mirror)

***Liverpool are readying a bid for Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke according to a report. The Belgian international recently informed the Villans of his desire to leave the club, which has put the Reds on alert. (Daily Star)

***Everton are bracing themselves for a fresh offer from Manchester United for Leighton Baines. United have had a £12million offer for Baines rejected by Everton, but will test their resolve to keep the left-back with an improved bid. (The Mirror)

***Brazil club Internacional have confirmed that they have rejected an €18m (£15m) bid from Napoli for their Brazilian striker Leandro Damiao. The forward has also been linked with a switch to Tottenham Hotspur this summer.

***Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is ready to firm up his interest in Queens Park Rangers keeper Julio Cesar with a £1.5million bid. Brazil international Cesar, who is on £70,000-a-week at relegated QPR, is keen on a switch to the Gunners. (The Mirror)

***Chelsea have confirmed the signing of Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer on a one-year contract. (SkySports)

***Arturo Vidal admits any player would be fascinated by interest from Real Madrid but claims he is happy at Juventus. (SkySports)

***Sunderland have confirmed that Jozy Altidore has completed his move from AZ Alkmaar for an undisclosed fee - believed to be in the region of £8.5 million, which would be a record for a US player. (ESPN)

***Jose Mourinho has reiterated his desire to play the attractive football that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has long craved at Stamford Bridge. (ESPN)