Driller - Fast Track Program at Transocean Nigeria

Started by Jobrib, Aug 27, 2013, 07:31 AM

Jobrib

Job Title: Driller – Fast Track Program

Job ID: 2000212

Employer: Transocean / Deepwater

Full/Part Time: Full-Time

Regular/Temporary: Regular

REPORTING: Reports to the Toolpusher, Tourpusher and/or Senior Toolpusher.

SUPERVISION: Supervises the Assistant Driller, Derrickhand, Assistant Derrickhand, Pumphand and Floorhands.

PREREQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS:

•   High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.

•   Successful completion of the at least one D-CAP Assessment (Onshore or Offshore)

•   Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates

•   Valid well control certificate

•   Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills

BASIC FUNCTION:

•   Operate drilling equipment as instructed in the well program and Standing Instructions to Driller (SID) in a manner that complies with Company policies and procedures and the Driller's Key Responsibilities

•   Apply Transocean core values

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Operations/Maintenance:

•   Operate all equipment at the Driller's console in a safe manner; maintain a clean, tidy and hazard-free condition on the drill floor and associated area  – Authority I

•   Monitor the well condition at all times (i.e. depth, mud weight, weight on bit.) Recognize, interpret and respond to down hole conditions – Authority I

•   Perform drilling-related operations such as directional drilling, working stuck pipe, running and cementing casing strings, coring, fishing, and assisting in wireline logging, well testing, and other special operations. – Authority I

•   Supervise and direct operations in the picking up or laying down of tubular and all drilling-related equipment – Authority I

•   Maintain accurate record of tubular and tool dimensions (i.e. internal and external diameter, fish neck, and serial numbers) – Authority I

•   Ensure that the solid control equipment and mud mixing operations are being monitored constantly – Authority I

•   Inform Toolpusher/Senior Toolpusher and Client Representative if a deviation from planned operation occurs – Authority I

•   Keep accurate records of fluid displacement when tubulars are run in/pulled out of well. – Authority I

•   Complete the IADC daily drilling report (GMS) at the end of each tour – Authority I

•   Hold pre-tour meeting with the drilling crew for all drilling operations. – Authority I

•   Secure the well during an emergency or well control situation; assist in the well-killing operations. – Authority II

•   Supervise the lubrication and maintenance of all drilling and associated equipment and ensure it is carried out in accordance with the Preventive Maintenance System (RMS). – Authority II

•   Maintain equipment files, drilling logs and records; perform all technical calculations required to carry out drilling operations – Authority III

•   Assist during the running and retrieving of marine risers and BOP stack – Authority III

•   Assist in the planning, organization and supervision of rig move operations – Authority III

QHSE:

•   Ensure that subordinates understand and apply guidelines of the Company Quality & HSE Policy Statements and rig-specific procedures – Authority I

•   Inform the Toolpusher/Senior Toolpusher of any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situations – Authority I

•   Actively participate in the weekly meetings, FOCUS Improvement Process, and all other Company safety management system – Authority I

•   Incorporate the THINK process into all tasks, whether working alone or as part of a team – Authority I

•   Participate in the START process – Authority I

•   Ensure subordinate personnel are properly trained in THINK and START – Authority I

•   Ensure DROPS inspections are conducted as per the rig's DROPS inspection program – Authority II

•   Call a Time Out for Safety (TOFS) whenever an unplanned hazard or a change in the expected results is observed – Authority I

•   Demonstrate commitment to Company safety policies through the consistent application of leadership and guidance – Authority II

•   Ensure that drills and exercises involving the use of all types of lifesaving, fire fighting and other safety equipment are conducted regularly – Authority I

•   Ensure that a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping is maintained onboard the rig – Authority I

Personnel:

•   Promote and maintain good working relationships with other departments, third-party personnel and Customer representatives. – Authority I

•   Meet the training requirements as per the applicable training matrix

•   Participate fully in the annual performance appraisal process – Authority I

•   Mentor, coach, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work at their next job level – Authority II

•   Provide leadership and motivation to the drilling crews. Apply continuous improvement process – Authority I

•   Mentor the Assistant Driller and deputize when operations, security of well, and personnel safety are not at risk – Authority I

•   Assist in training to ensure that all personnel are competent to perform their allocated jobs – Authority I

•   Participate fully in the annual performance appraisal process. – Authority I

•   Apply appropriate accountability regarding recognition; recommend promotion or disciplinary action up to and including discharge – Authority I

DEFINITION OF DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:

Authority I: To act

Authority II: To act but inform supervisor and/or other interested parties

Authority III: To obtain supervisor's approval before acting

Note: The above is not a complete list of duties but a guide, as tasks and objectives can change depending on needs.

Apply to this job