Improve your game from all angles with Zepp Labs' multi-sport sensor

Started by TechHive, Nov 15, 2013, 11:31 AM

TechHive

Trying out Zepp Lab's app-powered Multi-Sport Sensor on the TechHive terrace almost brought me back to middle school P.E. class. Baseball bat in hand, I'd smack the ball from the tee and groan. Why did it only soar a few feet before dipping down (and why is it so slow?)

But the company's latest fitness endeavor takes the guesswork out of how I could improve my less-than-Major League swing. On Wednesday, Zepp Labs announced a trio of training systems designed for specific sports: Zepp Baseball, Zepp Tennis, and Zepp Golf. Each version ships with a sensor, a mount, and a charger, and works in tandem with a corresponding app for iOS and Android devices.

Michael HomnickAthleticism! Bad form aside, the Zepp Baseball sensor fits on the bottom of the bat and tracks your swing. The Zepp system acts as a personal coach that lives in your pocket. And it's probably the nicest coach ever, too. Instead of barking orders, it gently presents the facts of what you're doing and suggests goals for how you can improve. The sensor detects 3D motion, analyzes how you play, then syncs that data via Bluetooth with the app, which presents it in a clear, easy to use interface. You can then check your stats and view a 360-degree animation of your swing.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here