OIM Offshore Installation Manager Job at Transocean Offshore Deepwater Inc

Started by Jobrib, May 05, 2014, 09:31 PM

Jobrib

Job Title: OIM Offshore Inst Mgr – Nigeria National

Job ID: 2000815

Full/Part Time: Full-Time

Regular/Temporary: Regular

Employer: Transocean Offshore Deepwater Inc  (Transocean Offshore USA Inc)

REPORTING: Reports to the Rig Manager.

SUPERVISION: Supervises the Senior Toolpusher/Toolpusher, Master/Barge Supervisor, and Maintenance Supervisor/Chief Engineer.

PREREQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS:

•   Valid OIM Licence.

•   University Degree or Equivalent.

•   Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.

•   Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.

BASIC FUNCTION:

•   Manage the manpower and resources of the rig to achieve optimum performance so as to ensure the well program is carried out in a safe, efficient and productive manner.

•   Promote and ensure that all Company Policies and Procedures are communicated and understood by personnel on the rig.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Operations/Maintenance:

•   Manage the planning and efficient execution of the drilling program in coordination with Client Representative and rig department heads.   Authority I

•   Hold daily operations meeting with Client Representative and rig department heads.   Authority I

•   Ensure pre-job meeting is carried out for hazardous situations and non-routine operations.   Authority I

•   Monitor all onboard equipment and systems usage, supervise testing and inspection of critical equipment and systems, and ensure operational parameters and limits are observed.   Authority I

•   Monitor the application of the Company Preventative Maintenance System program. Ensures equipment and systems are operational by setting priorities on equipment repairs.   Authority I

•   Organize and supervise the activities of drilling, marine and maintenance departments and ensure rig specific procedures are understood and observed by all personnel onboard.   Authority I

•   Responsible, along with Client Representative, for all third party services on the rig.   Authority I

•   Promote and maintain a good working relationship with Client Representatives, department heads, and third party personnel.   Authority I

•   Ensures rig complies with Flag State and certifying Regulatory Bodies requirements.   Authority I

•   Maintain daily communication with the Rig Manager on all relevant activities regarding the rig's operation and needs.   Authority I

•   Plan operations with the Marine department as related to rig moves, mooring, station keeping and stability. Ensure guidelines of the rig's Marine Operations Manual are understood and followed.   Authority II

•   Supervise and perform jacking operations for jack-up drilling units.   Authority II

•   Promote and maintain effective working relationship with other departments, third party personnel and Client Representatives.   Authority I

Apply to this job