Scam Alert: Beware, fraudster in rampage this Christmas - Read this story

Started by Jobbers, Dec 10, 2011, 02:01 PM

Jobbers

This is one the reports that should be circulated to and shared with all and sundry.  This is from a reliable source. He posted this on Facebook to enlighten the public on how to deal with the menace of "FRAUDSTERS". Read it!

2nd December 2011, l received message alert from Airtel thus: Congratulations! You have won the sum of N5m & Audi car with Batch No: A22 in the ongoing AIRTEL LINK promo. Call our Head Office No: 0708-570-5282 for your prize.

I called the number and l spoke with a man by name Mr. John who told me to send my detail used to register my Airtel number including my bank account. I did just that buy providing fake detail about me with a dormant account number.

On 7th December 2011, l received a message from UBA as Mr. John Airtel has told me thus: We the management of the United Bank for Africa hereby alert you that N5m will be credited into my account. Call Ken Eze on 08097528391 for more information.

Action Taking
I met with the Operations Head in UBA to confirm to me if there is any of the bank staff named Ken Eze having red the messages...he told me that the messages is from fraudster. I told him am fully aware but just to take some step further before informing 9ja people on face book of this development.

However, l called Airtel customer care number 111 to inform them and possibly to hold the number but to no avail...what l received was the computer music.

Conclusion
• This 419 will continue to succeed as long as your GSM provided customer care number can not be reach for 1st hand information.
• Do not be carried away with this kind message and inform others of this new 419 development. If you are ask to send recharge card, please send the used recharge card as meaning as you can.
• It is to our advantage if SSS and NCC can provide Nigerians a special numbers to call for issue like this.

Remember, "Area must be cool and calm" this Xmas.