why Do Nigerian Husbands in the UK feel embarrased when their wives get richer?

Started by marriagecity, Sep 05, 2009, 01:29 PM

marriagecity

I have had cause to interact with lots of Nigerians resident in the UK, especially those whose marriages are not going too well. One thing stands out. In 90% of cases, while their wives were dependent on them for every penny, there was no trouble.But the moment the tide changes and the woman develops the capacity to fend for herself, all sorts of accusations and counter accusations become the order of the day.My question is: why is this so? Can't the guys become more proactive and encourage their women to go all out and become the best they can be? Somebody talk to me.visit me at DATING & COURTSHIPWORLD or write me on marriagecity@gmail.com

wakapass

It is not just in UK it is same everywhere with Africans so basically its an African thing. Every African man want to be the 'head' in all ramifications and where a woman is having upper hand somehow if the woman is not stupidly submissive there'll always be problem bcos it threatens their ego.

Some women as well want to prove to the man that he is not important bcso they can fend for themselves. This is most common, most women came to join their husband with the hope of coming to meet gold and silver and when they find that life there is not what they think they'll make the man miserable, its both ways.

walezy01

wakapass have spoken my mind No African man will want his ego punctured. end of discussion

opensource

Good! But can we know if similar situation occurs in Asia, Caribbean and in the Middle East?

opensource