jobnavy

Job Title: Legal Administrative Assistant

Reference: LEGAL

Job Level: Blue Collar

Area of interest: Legal

Salary (per annum): 1-2M

Ogranisation: Unilever Nigeria Plc

Job Description:

Provide admin and secretarial support to the General Counsel and Company Secretary and the Legal/Secretarial Team as follows:

1.Filing & Documentation –

i.Maintain up to date and easily accessible filing system.

ii.Facilitate the retrieval of information and documents for the purpose of Litigation process.

iii.Maintain register of Agreements and other Legal/secretarial documents and ensure safe custody.

iv.Attend to requests for Legal copies of Agreements and other secretarial documents

v.Follow up on Agreements and other documentation which ought to be submitted into Legal

custody.

2.Regulatory/Statutory filings

i.Follow up on information/inputs into statutory filings at Security Exchange Commission(SEC), Nigeria Stock Exchange(NSC) etc.

ii.Do the actual physical filings in SEC and NSE

iii.Ensure proper documentation of fillings.

3.Organising and scheduling

i.Organise and schedule Legal/secretarial Calendar.

ii.Maintain a calendar of adjourned dates for litigation cases.

iii.Provide admin support for organization of statutory and other meetings

4.Secretariat support

i.Raise requisitions for 'Registrars verified' Unclaimed Dividend requests from shareholders

ii.Track payment requisitions and ensure prompt payment

iii.Maintain documentation of closed requests and facilitate visibility to Union registrars to ensure that there is no double payment.

iv.Make payments of unclaimed dividend into shareholders' accounts on request

v.Man the Shareholders' help desk and refer shareholders' requests as appropriate

5.General

i.Facilitate stationery and other requests

ii.Do Union Registrars, bank and other runs to ensure prompt resolution of issues regarding shareholders, payment of local rates etc

iii.Undertake physical despatch of documents as may be required

iv.Facilitate general record keeping

Further information on job:

•Within the context of the Legal mission to be a valued business partner, providing objective advice and creative legal solutions that protect Unilever and help it to win, the role seeks to provide administrative support to the General Counsel & Company Secretary in the delivery of legal & secretarial services to the business.

•The role will undertake administrative responsibilities within the Legal/Secretarial Team which have increasingly become part of Legal resource day to day tasks thereby enabling the Legal resource to focus on core legal and governance work.

•The role will in addition support the Legal/secretarial Team in the proper documentation, tracking and retrieval of legal and secretarial documents.

•The role will provide support to information and documentation gathering for litigation cases.

Minimum requirements:

•   Minimum of OND in Secretarial/Business Administration

•   Minimum of 2 years relevant experience.

Other Qualifications:

•Good working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite.

•Attention to details

•Organizational & administrative skills

•Good communication and interpersonal skills

•Good working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite

How to Apply:

If you are interested in working with the organisation and your skills and capabilities match the job profile, submit your application now.

Visit: Job Application Portal

Deadline: 23 July 2012.

Legal Administrative Assistant