Job Title: Principal Electrical Instrumentation Engineer

Job reference n°: NGA0950

Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria

Sector: Oil&Gas, Energy, Mining & Utilities – Nigeria – Western Africa

Function: Technical

Recruiter: Adexen Recruitment Agency

Organisation: a multinational Oil Field Service company

Job description

The Principal E & I Engineer will be technically responsible for all E & I and Telecoms engineering work which involves allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. The E & I Engineer will also delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel and Liaise with other disciplines to achieve design consistency.

He will report to the Lead Engineer or Project Engineering Manager.

The position is based in Lagos.

Responsibilities

The responsibilities for this office shall include but is not limited to the following: – Leads the E & I activities in developing the E & I design within project budget and determining timing for resource requirements. – Serves as the liaison for inter-discipline engineering involved in the project and is accountable for overall discipline related activities for the successful completion of project, on schedule and within manpower and budget estimates. – Formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high profile issues, with support from Consultant Process Engineer/ Lead Process Engineer or Project Engineering Manager, and effectively communicating with Clients and Senior Management – Supervises, reviews and checks the E & I and Telecoms activities including: Philosophies, Specifications, Shut Down Cause & Effect Charts, Schedules, Drawings & Diagrams, Datasheets and Technical Requisitions for long lead items. – Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract by raising technical queries with projects / client – Reviews the Invitation to Bid documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares man-hour estimates and provides input to project execution plan – Capable of participating in Factory Acceptance Test's – Participates in multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary E&I and Telecoms engineering input and support to close out of actions – Identifies a clear scope of work and supervises preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR) – Responsible for planning/scheduling the E & I and Telecoms engineering activities and manpower resource – Quantifies the total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation and format of delivery, and other requirements for execution of the work – Provides support to Procurement including long lead items enquiry: prepares Technical Requisitions, reviews vendor documentation and provides Technical Bid Evaluation support to ensure design conformance. – Complying with other company accredited frameworks such as ISO 14001 – Contributes to training and development of other staff including identifying employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends training and development requirements – Performs related duties as and when instructed by Direct Supervisor

Qualifications et experience – B.Sc or M.Sc in Instrument or Electrical Engineering or any other Engineering course – At least 5 years of experience in a similar function in the Oil & Gas sector – Membership of COREN is an added advantage – Relevant exposure to Consultancy, FEED/ Detailed Design and EPC projects – Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes – In depth knowledge of standard international specifications and codes. – Knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures. – Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills. – Excellent Communication skills. – Must be tactful in resolving issues. – Must have ability to meet schedules and deadlines. – Multi-tasking abilities. – Planning and forecasting ability. – Analytical and problem solving mind set

What is on offer: Attractive package

If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.

Principal Electrical Instrumentation Engineer Job