Wilshere Set To Return After 14 Months Out

Started by Sunexx360, Sep 27, 2012, 06:00 PM

Sunexx360

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere will play his first game since July 2011 when he appears for the London club's under-21 side on Monday.
Wilshere had become a regular for the 13-times English champions before he suffered an ankle problem that caused a long-standing knee injury to flare up.
"It's massive for him to come back," managerArsene Wenger told a news conference on Thursday ahead of Saturday's clash with league leaders Chelsea.
"When you are out for so long, it's massive totake. It is fantastic for him," added the Frenchman.
"What he's gone through will make him stronger. It's a good test for your mental strength."
Wilshere had forced his way into the England setup before he limped out of a pre-season friendly last year then had various setbacks inhis recovery, though Wenger never doubted the youngster's resolve to get back to full fitness.
"I always thought he would come back. Wilshere has had ups and downs. He was focused, especially in the last three months," Wenger said of the 20-year-old, who resumed full training a week ago.
"We have to be a bit cautious. We need to manage him well. He needs a few games in the reserves," added Wenger.
There was more good news for the North London club when Wenger said defender Thomas Vermaelen would be fit for Saturday's visit of the European champions.                                        FOURFOURTWO

Tina lawrence

I am very glad Wilshere is coming back.But are we really sure this guy will be able to play well?
He's been out for 14 good months