Job Title: Consumer Insight Lead
Employer: Nielsen Holdings N.V. (NYSE: NLSN)
Job description: Reporting to the Managing Director, Nigeria – You will be responsible for leading the Consumer Insight and Innovation Practice area in Nigeria. You will be expected to manage a client portfolio effectively and efficiently.
• Grow the current Consumer Insight client base by targeting clients to convert opportunities into profitable revenue.
• Drive thought leadership.
• Responsible for the CI Department Profit and Loss.
• Contributes toward to developing tailored solutions for the local market.
• Manage a team of client and research executives to meet revenue targets set for the division and to ensure that proposals are profitable and quality standards and deadlines are met.
• Maintaining excellent quality relationships with the current client base.
• Portray accurately the vision and desired company attributes to industry as a whole.
• Represents the company with academic and industry contacts.
• Identify and develop top talent and lead the CI Client Service team to deliver and execute on agreed objectives.
• Manage the relationship with support departments to maintain and improve efficiency and productivity of the CI CS department.
• Promote new CR CI products to existing and new clients.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Degree/ Masters in Marketing Research, Economics, Strategic Planning or a related field.
• 10+ year’s client servicing experience.
• Experience in both qualitative and quantitative research.
• Experience in management consulting is beneficial.
• Strong management, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong relationship-building skills and results orientation.
• Attentive to details with good aptitude for data analysis.
• Proven ability to work cross-functionally to energize, empower and influence at all levels (both internal and external), and to set and meet tight goals/timelines.
• Ability to listen and quickly distill a situation and recommend a course of action to drive on-time, on-budget delivery of program deliverables.
• Proven experience in the principles around financial cost drivers and implications to project execution.
• Have strong conceptual and data analysis skills.
• The ability to work both strategically and operationally within the functional role.
• Should be self-directed and capable of handling large, concurrent projects with minimal supervision.