Jose Mourinho has hinted Manchester United’s summer spending could be over as his hopes of adding one more attacking player before the transfer window shuts on Aug. 31 appear to have ended.
Quizzed on whether United were still in the market, Mourinho told a news conference on Friday: “I don’t think we are, unless something happens to put us in the market again.
“I told Mr Woodward my plans were four but I also told him be cool, no pressure from me, do what you think is best for the club.
“We will be together again for another transfer window in January and next summer so no pressure from me at all. I’m happy with the squad we have. I’m ready to go without the fourth player. If we are out of market, I’m fine, I’m ready.”
“My opinion is we have to adapt to the situation, it doesn’t matter what.
“But as a football manager and not a market man — just a football man just as somebody who wants to work with the team, work with the players — I would prefer the window to closer as soon as possible.
“So everybody knows the players we have and the deals will be done earlier and nobody would be waiting for the last week and we wouldn’t have the situation of sometimes a player plays game No. 1 for a team and game No. 2 for another team.
“And the question marks somebody puts, if other leagues don’t close at the same time are we in danger of losing players in the last couple of weeks? My question is how many clubs in the world are powerful enough buy the best players in the Premier League and the answer is I think is very obvious. So the risk is minimal and even those powerful clubs have to know if we can’t buy players we’re not going to sell.”
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate