Home Crime News “I Have Ordered Investigation to the Lekki Toll Gate Massacre”-Babajide Sanwo-Olu

“I Have Ordered Investigation to the Lekki Toll Gate Massacre”-Babajide Sanwo-Olu

256

The Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has ordered an immediate investigation into the shooting that happened on Tuesday, October 20 at Lekki Toll Plaza area, Lagos State.

Babajide Sanwo-olu
Babajide Sanwo-olu

On Tuesday evening, there were reports of massive shooting by security agents at protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate.

The development subsequently escalated into outrage on social media.

It was gathered that light around the toll plaza went off before the security agents stormed the protesters, shooting sporadically.

Sanwo-Olu, while reacting in a statement issued by Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso; said there had been reports of shooting at the Lekki Toll Plaza; following the 24-hour curfew imposed on Lagos State to stop criminals who hid under the #EndSARS protests to unleash mayhem on innocent citizens.

“The State Government has ordered an investigation into the incident.

“Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has advised the security agents not to arrest anyone on account of the curfew; which he urges residents to observe for the peaceful atmosphere we all cherish,” the statement said.

The statement quoted Sanwo-Olu as advising Lagosians to remain calm and not allow criminals; who had hijacked the noble protest of gallant youths; to succeed in their evil plan of turning the State upside down.

“The Governor will do everything within his power to ensure that the lives of all Lagosians are protected at all times,” the statement said.

The InfoStride gathered that as at the time of this publication, seven persons have reportedly been killed after gunshots were reportedly fired at End SARS protesters at the Lekki tollgate on Tuesday night, October 20.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here