Barcelona maintain that Ousmane Dembele is not for sale this summer despite reported interest from Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain on Thursday, sources have said.
Journalist Kike Marin reported on Thursday that Arsenal had made an offer worth €100 million for the France international, hours before the transfer window closed in England.
Earlier in the day, reports in France had suggested Dembele was also a target for PSG, who have until the end of the month to complete a deal.
However, Barca have said throughout the transfer window that their plan is to keep hold of the forward and insist that nothing has happened to change that stance.
Dembele, 21, became the club’s most expensive player (since replaced by Philippe Coutinho) when he joined from Borussia Dortmund for an initial fee of €105m last summer, following Neymar’s move to Paris.
However, an injury three games into his Barca career, which left him sidelined for four months, hindered his adaption to his new surroundings.
Ernesto Valverde then left him on the bench for some of the club’s biggest games at the end of the season, leading to rumours about his long-term future with La Liga’s champions.
The signing of Malcom, another young forward who primarily plays wide, from Bordeaux in July only served to enhance that speculation.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate