Eight EMEA Speakers Join Global Line-up Covering More Than 80 Educational Sessions across Nine Tracks for Over 20,000 Attendees
London, UK – May 9, 2014 — (ISC)2® (“ISC-squared”), the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information and software security professionals with over 100,000 members worldwide, today released the full education programme and speaker line-up for its fourth annual Security Congress, taking place September 29 – October 2, 2014 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Ga. Once again, (ISC)2 Security Congress will be colocated with the ASIS International 60th Annual Seminar and Exhibits, bringing together more than 20,000 professionals from around the world for four days of education, networking and an expansive exhibit floor of security products and services. The complete programme can be viewed at https://congress.isc2.org/sessions.
“Security professionals are under increasing pressure to stay up-to-date on emerging issues, trends and technologies, making this year’s theme ‘Strengthening Cybersecurity Defenders’ very timely,” said W. Hord Tipton, CISSP, executive director of (ISC)². “With over 80 interactive sessions and access to unique services like the Career Pavilion and Town Hall Meeting, the professional development opportunities are abundant.”
Key conference tracks include: Application Security/Software Assurance; Cloud Security; Digital Forensics; Governance, Regulation and Compliance; Healthcare Security; Malware; Mobile Security; Swiss Army Knife – Tips, Tools and Techniques for the Well-Rounded Infosecurity Professional; Threats – Inside & Out.
- John Huntsman, Jr., governor of Utah (2005-2009) and candidate for the 2012 Republican Presidential nomination who has served four U.S. Presidents in critical roles around the world including ambassador to Singapore, deputy assistant secretary of commerce for Asia, U.S. trade ambassador, and most recently U.S. ambassador to China.
- General Colin L. Powell (Retired) ; who held senior military and diplomatic positions across four US presidential administrations, including Secretary of State for George W. Bush and as President Ronald Reagan’s National Security Advisor
Notable Speakers and Sessions Include:
- Adam Shostack, program manager, Microsoft: “Threat Modeling Lessons from Star Wars”
- Devon Bryan, CISSP, CISA, CIPP/US, CIPP/EU, vice president, Global Trust Assurance, ADP; Trina Ford, CISSP, CIPP, director, Global Third Party Risk Management, ADP: “Holistic Vendor Risk Assurance: A View from the Trenches”
- Javvad Malik, senior analyst, Enterprise Security Practice, 451 Research: “All the Gear, No Security”
- Wim Remes, CISSP, managing consultant, Security Services, IOActive: “Threat Modeling: It’s Not out of Fashion”
- Yiannis Pavlosoglou, IT Security Specialist, UBS and Arkadiusz Gondek, CISSP, CSSLP, IT Risk Specialist, UBS Arkadiusz Gondek,: “Building an Agile Risk Assessment Program – Keeping up with the Pace of Hackers.” Ajoy Kumar, CSSLP, CISM, also of UBS, will speak on: Do You Have a Mature Application Security Programme?
- Timothy Wilson, CISSP, HCISPP; Director Informatics, NHS: “What the Behaviour of Children Today Can Tell You About Tomorrow’s Risks”
- Dan Houser, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, HCISPP, CCFP, CISA, CISM, security & identity architect, Cardinal Health; Jeff Graham, senior advisor, Data Analytics Center of Excellence, Cardinal Health: “Securing Big Data: Lock it Down or Liberate It?”
- Dave Lewis, CISSP, global security advocate, Akamai Technologies: “Supply Chain: The Exposed Flank”
- Dr. H. Karen Lu, CISSP, CCSK, principal research engineer, Gemalto, Inc.: “A Client Side View on API Security”
- Dr. Tom Prunier, CISSP, ACE, chief cyber forensics scientist, Lockheed Martin: “What is Hiding in the Virtual Environment Host Memory Space and Should we be Worried?”
- Chris Shipp, CISSP, GIAC, GCIH, GIAC, GSLC, CISM, PMP, NSA-IEM, Director of Cyber Security, U.S. Department of Energy, Strategic Petroleum Reserve: “Hacking Critical Infrastructure: From Cyber Myth to Startling Reality”
Security Congress will include a series of other (ISC)² events that can be attended by members and non-members:
- Several pre-conference sessions, including training for Cloud Forensics and Business Acumen for the Cybersecurity Professional
- Free, half-day clinics for (ISC)² credentials (CCFPSM, CISSP®, CISSP-ISSAP®, CISSP-ISSMP®, CSSLP®, and HCISPPSM)
- (ISC)² Town Hall Meeting and Member Reception [(ISC)² members only]
- Safe and Secure Online® Volunteer Orientation [(ISC)² members only]
The Security Congress programme is available online, offering attendees an opportunity to personalise their event experience. (ISC)² members are eligible for special discounted pricing and will be able to attend any of the ASIS events including keynotes, networking lunches, and educational sessions. More details are available at congress.isc2.org.
Formed in 1989 and celebrating its 25th anniversary, (ISC)² is the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information and software security professionals worldwide, with over 100,000 members in more than 135 countries. Globally recognised as the Gold Standard, (ISC)² issues the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSPÒ) and related concentrations, as well as the Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLPÒ), the Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFPSM), Certified Authorisation Professional (CAPÒ), HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPPSM), and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCPÒ) credentials to qualifying candidates. (ISC)²’s certifications are among the first information technology credentials to meet the stringent requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024, a global benchmark for assessing and certifying personnel. (ISC)² also offers education programmes and services based on its CBK®, a compendium of information and software security topics. More information is available at www.isc2.org.
# # #
© 2014, (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, CSSLP, CAP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks, and CCFP and HCISPP are service marks, of (ISC)2, Inc.
Follow (ISC)² on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
+44 7958 474 632
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate