Swansea City will consider offloading Bafetimbi Gomis to the Middle East next month ahead of a squad overhaul in the summer.
The Frenchman is believed to be a £6.5million target for Lekhwiya, with the Qatari club deliberating over an offer of £60,000-a-week to land the striker.
Swansea are understood to be receptive to bids for a 30-year-old who has faded badly after a good start this season and who, at the start of the year, infuriated the club’s hierarchy by indicating his desire to leave at a time when it was known Wilfried Bony would be joining Manchester City.
He then came close to departing in the summer when, as Sportsmail revealed, he told team-mates he was joining Al Ahli in Dubai, before that move collapsed.
If Gomis does exit the Liberty Stadium, it will be the first change in what is expected to be a significant restructuring this summer.
The club’s dreadful season has already seen Garry Monk sacked, though many senior figures at Swansea place greater responsibility on the players.
It has previously been suggested that Jonjo Shelvey could soon be heading for the door, with Newcastle keen on the England international, and the recruitment department will prioritise new striking options next month and in the summer.
Gomis leaving would exacerbate that need, though the club are expected to weigh up the merits of a loan move for Chelsea’s Patrick Bamford, who said on Monday he would be terminating his loan at Crystal Palace.
Meanwhile, caretaker manager Alan Curtis will take charge of the team against Manchester United on Saturday, having extended Swansea’s unbeaten run to three games in the goalless draw against Palace on Monday
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate