The numerous developmental projects embarked upon by the Governor Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso in Kano State has made him a phenomenon to reckon with in the politics of Nigeria, Alhaji Ahmed Shuaibu Gara has said.
Speaking in Kano, Gara, who is an aide to the governor, said Kwankwaso has redefined politics in the North with his people oriented projects.
“Kwankwaso is a phenomenon whether you like it or not. He has redefined leadership in Kano state, in Nigeria and he has also redefined the dividend of democracy. Nigerians will be the greatest losers if he does not have another assignment when he completes his second term in 2015”, he said.
Reacting to the perceived presidential ambition of Kwankwaso, Gara said the governor is least concerned about 2015 as he is busy putting finishing touches to the projects he started in Kano.
“Kwankwaso is preoccupied on the projects ongoing in the state. So far, he has fulfilled 90 percent of the promises he made to the people of the state and in months to come he will complete the remaining 10 percent. So Kwankwaso’s focus is not about contesting for presidency but people can say whatever they want because this is the beauty of democracy”, he said.