The report titled The Richest People in Africa, published by Ventures Africa, a pan-African business magazine introduced four new Nigerians to the list of 55 African billionaires. They are Cletus Ibeto, founder of multi-business conglomerate, Ibeto Group, with a net worth of $3.7 billion; Benedict Peters, an oil magnate valued at $2.7 billion; renowned financier and philanthropist Tony Elumelu, valued at $1.6 billion, and Akanimo Udofia, worth $1 billion.
According to the report, Nigeria remains the Africa’s top contributor to the Rich List. Of the 55 billionaires, 23 are Nigerians, with a collective wealth of $77.7 billion (about 48 percent of the total Rich List wealth, and almost as much as the other countries combined).
Here are Nigeria’s top ten richest men, according to The Richest People in Africa
1. Aliko Dangote ($25.7 billion)
2. Mike Adenuga ($8 billion)
3. Folorunso Alakija ($7.3 billion)
4. Prince Arthur Eze ($5.8 billion)
5. Cletus Ibeto ($3.7 billion)
6. Benedict Peters ($2.7 billion)
7. Jim Ovia ($2.3 billion)
8. Theophilus Danjuma ($1.8 billion)
9. Tony Elumelu ($1.6 billion)
10. Adulsamad Rabiu ($1.5 billion)