Job Title: Data Manager
Location: Kaduna, Nigeria
Employer: Sightsavers International
The Integrated Neglected Tropical Diseases Control Programme is supported by UK Department for International Development (DFID) led by Sightsavers in partnership with other NGOs, private organisations and the academia.
The programme aims at strengthening the capacity of the national disease programmes and streamlining supply chains to get the drugs to the people who need them. Sightsavers is a highly respected international development organization working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for disabled people. We work with local partners in developing countries to tackle the main causes of avoidable blindness including cataract and a group of diseases that have been coined ‘neglected tropical diseases’ (NTDs) such as river blindness and trachoma.
Sightsavers is expanding its NTD work in Nigeria and we are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals to support this ambitious programme.
The Data Manager will be a member of the DFID supported Integrated NTDs Control Programme Management Office (PMO) and will report to the Head of PMO. The Data Manager will be responsible for data collection, analysis and reporting on the Epidemiological and social data and training, mass drug administration and maintenance of lnformation technology for the DFID supported Integrated NTDs Control Programme in Kano, Katsina and Zamfara States. This resource person will work closely with the Head of PMO and ensure the accuracy, validity, reliability, timeliness, relevance and completeness of the programme data.
Overall Purpose and Responsibilities::
1. Support the Head of PMO to oversee data entries, validation, analysis and reporting on the epidemiological, social data and training, mass drug administration and maintenance of information technology.
2. Support the state programme teams in ensuring the collection of quality data.
3. Ensure the timely dissemination of reports including key performance indicators to the Head of PMO to ensure timely production of programme reports.
• Must have at least a first degree in computer science or information systems management
• Computer literacy including hands on experience in statistical packages.
• Experience in database management systems for an integrated programme.
• Minimum of 5-6 years working experience, ideally in an NGO setting.
How to Apply:
Please download the Job Application Pack and apply online with the completed application form, along with your CV to email@example.com.
Job Application Pack: http://u.theinfostride.com/owQjp
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate