WhatsApp has some pretty neat privacy features including one that lets you hide your profile photo from other users.
Many of us use WhatsApp both for personal and professional contacts and it possible; that you might want to use a display photo on the messaging app that you do not want others to see.
WhatsApp does have an option for you to block that from certain users.
Why you must hide your WhatsApp profile pic?
WhatsApp profile pictures can be seen and saved by all users by simply taking a screenshot if it is not hidden.
You might have spoken to certain people on the messaging app who are not family or friends and are also not on your contact list.
If your profile photo is not hidden then anyone can see and save it if they want.
The best thing to do is to hide your profile photo from people you do not know and do not trust.
Also, by choosing to allow only certain people to see your WhatsApp profile photo means that
you can use any photo you like without having to worry about it.
How to hide your profile picture on WhatsApp
– Open WhatsApp and go to ‘Settings’.
– Click on ‘Account’ and then click on ‘Privacy’.
– Now, tap on Profile Photo.
– You will see that the default setting here allows “Everyone” on WhatsApp to see your profile photo.
– Change this to “My contacts” if you want your photo to be seen only by those whose numbers you have saved in your phone book.
– If you want no one to see it, pick “Nobody”. This hides your picture from everyone on the messaging app.
Once your profile picture is hidden, all the people messaging you will just see a grey avatar as your DP.
Unfortunately, there is no way to hide your profile picture from only a bunch of users.
One way around it is to not save the numbers of random people you might have to message for one-off reason; – like a delivery guy who needed your location for example.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate