The Executive Governor of Ogun State, Senator Dapo Abiodun has presented the 2021 financial budget before the Ogun State House of Assembly. The governor presented a budget of N339 billion for the 2021 fiscal year.
The budget, presented by the Governor, is N110.974 billion, below the 2020 proposed financial budget of N449.974 billion.
The Governor stated that the 2021 Appropriation Bill is tagged “Budget of Recovery and Sustainability”, because it features key sectors and budgetary allocations for rapid development of the State.
He noted that he investment focus of his government is to gradually bridge the gap in infrastructure and provide fiscal stimulus to enhance economic recovery in the state.
According to the Governor, the 2021 budget is targeted to address the COVID-19 pandemic, the EndSARS protests, and the socio-economic challenges in the state.
Mr Dapo Abiodun explained that 48% of the budget is for recurrent expenditure which is N162 billion and the remaining 52% is for Capital expenditure which is N177 billion.
The budget breakdown include the following “Infrastructure, N61billion; Social welfare & wellbeing, N93billion (includes Health, Housing, Environment, Physical Planning, Women Affairs, etc); Education, N58billion; Youth empowerment, N6billion; Agriculture, N15billion & Enablers N106billion”.
The Governor reiterated that his administration is committed to achieving financial stability, and fiscal prudence, and promised a reduction in poverty.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate