Grammy award winning singer, Ed Sheeran has revealed that he had the shock of his life when he tried a drink called “shocker” when he visited Ghana in July last year.
The pop star revealed the drink which was a mixture of weed,vodka and others knocked him off into a an imaginary little box for 6 hours.
“I went to Ghana in Africa, which was a wonderful country, and they make this drink called Shocker, which is vodka, pineapple juice, coconut juice, and rum, and then they soak an ounce of weed in it, and I didn’t know this,” Sheeran reveals to BuzzFeed.
The 25-year-old actor confessed that he had underrated the drink but after he had sampled the “shocker”, he had a shock of his life.
“So, they said, ‘This is Shocker, go easy on it.’ And I was like, ‘I’m Irish!’ And then I was just drinking loads of it.
And they’re like, ‘No, no, no, no, no!’ And then suddenly I was like, ‘Woooh.’ o yeah, that was a crazy, crazy experience because I just ended up being kind of comatose for about six hours, just kind of sitting in a corner. Don’t try it at home.”
Ed further revealed that, “I was just in a little box just kinda like, when do I get out of this box? I’m not big [and] when I was younger I used to dabble, and I just can’t, I can’t do it anymore.”
“It just doesn’t agree with me. So yeah, it really didn’t agree with me then,” the Bibia Be Ye Ye singer recounted in an instagram post.
He was in Ghana in 2016 on a surprise visit to spend time with some Ghanaian artists including Fuse ODG and music producer Killbeatz.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate