Jose Mourinho insists he is “not surprised” Pep Guardiola did not receive any punishment for encroaching onto the pitch during Manchester City’s win over Southampton despite being sent off for a similar offence earlier this season.
Asked at a news conference on Friday whether he was surprised at the lack of consistency, Mourinho, who did not receive a touchline ban after his sending off at St Mary’s, said: “Surprised? No. Not surprised.”
But asked to clarify why he was not surprised, the 54-year-old declined the opportunity, adding that he did not want to land himself in trouble with the FA.
He said: “You are asking me one question, if I am surprised. I say I am not surprised. The second question is nothing. It’s another one.
“I can’t answer to the second question.
“You know, if you are my friends, don’t ask me the question, because you know I get into trouble, so no.”
The FA have, however, asked Guardiola for his observations after the Manchester City boss was involved in a heated exchange with Southampton winger Nathan Redmond after the final whistle.
Asked whether he thought the Spaniard’s actions in confronting Redmond were “strange,” Mourinho again declined to comment.
“Don’t ask me that,” he replied.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate