CAMPBELL, CA–(Marketwired – October 03, 2014) – Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2014 Next Generation Threat Prevention Strategies and Vendor Leadership: North American Enterprise Survey, which takes an in-depth look at how businesses plan to protect themselves from electronic threats of all types.
SECURITY ANALYST NOTE
“The real issue for vendors playing in the security market is finding a way to stand out from the crowd and getting buyers to pay attention, even for those that are household names,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
“There are two ways security vendors can separate themselves from the noise: Provide an elegant solution that takes buyers from siloed appliance-based deployments to flexible virtual deployments that offer massive improvements in the detection and mitigation of even the most advanced threats. Or shorten the window to discovery and resolution once breached,” Wilson advises. “Everything else is secondary right now.”
THREAT PREVENTION STRATEGIES SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- As businesses move more of their infrastructure into the cloud and operate hybrid IT environments, they are increasingly expecting to consume security products and services in this same way
- Survey respondents’ top drivers for deploying new security solutions are protecting against advanced malware, data theft, and advanced persistent threats (APTs)
- The cost of acquiring and maintaining a modern security infrastructure with all the bells and whistles is becoming unmanageable: Respondents cite cost as the #1 barrier to deploying new security solutions
- Among enterprises surveyed, Cisco, IBM, McAfee, Microsoft, and Symantec were most frequently cited as the top security vendors in a variety of important buying criteria (technology, pricing, product reliability, solution breadth, etc.), though no vendor is head-and-shoulders above the rest
ABOUT THE SURVEY
For its 2014 22-page threat prevention strategies survey, Infonetics interviewed security purchase-decision makers about security technology deployment drivers, barriers, trends, and plans. The survey features end-user ratings of 21 security vendors (Arbor,
Barracuda, Blue Coat, Check Point, Cisco, Citrix, Damballa, Dell, F5, FireEye, Fortinet, HP, Huawei, IBM, Juniper, McAfee, Microsoft, Palo Alto Networks, Symantec, and Trend Micro) on 10 criteria. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Infonetics’ September Security
- Growth in security SaaS and virtual appliances buoys content security gateway market
- Vendor shakeup in network security market starts in Q2, more to come
- $1 trillion to be spent on telecom and datacom equipment and software over next 5 years
- Mobile messaging security gateways and Gi/SGi firewalls set for spectacular growth
- Security and data center vendors renew focus on DDoS as attacks multiply; Arbor leads
- SDN and NFV to bring about shift in data center security investments
RECENT AND UPCOMING SECURITY RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at www.infonetics.com/login.
- Analyst Note: Reflections on Black Hat: The Threat Intelligence Age (Aug.)
- Network and Content Security Vendor Scorecard (Sept.)
- Mobile Device Security Client Software Forecast (Oct.)
- Data Center Security Products Forecast (Nov.)
- Industrial Control System Security Products Forecast (Nov.)
Visit www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on-demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Assessing Your Assets: Leveraging Analytics for Network Optimization (Oct. 16: Attend)
- Respond Faster to Security Threats and Breaches (View on-demand)
- Practical Strategies for Fighting Advanced Malware and Threats (Sponsor)
- Using Next-Gen Security Appliances to Consolidate Security Strategies (Sponsor)
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics Research is hiring analysts. See job openings here.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard firstname.lastname@example.org +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), Lat. America: Scott Coyne email@example.com +1 408-583-3395
Europe, Middle East, Africa, India: Iyassu Soquar firstname.lastname@example.org +1 408-583-3397
Greater China, S.E. Asia: 大中华区
Jeffrey Song email@example.com +86 21-3919-8505
Japan 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org +81 3-6408-5566
South Korea 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP email@example.com +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides here.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/10/3/11G023158/Images/2014-Infonetics-Next-Gen-Threat-Prevention-Strateg-1063852193828.jpg
Principal Analyst, Security
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate