Job Title: Planner
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Recruiter: WTS Energy Holding B.V. / WTS Energy
Our client, a major Operator currently embarking on expansion of its gas assets, is seeking to hire a Planner who shall be Responsible for supporting the project team by utilizing project planning documents and output from the interactive planning process as a basis for developing project schedules.
• Monitor the development of project-specific Project Controls procedures, ensuring they comply with the Capital Projects Management System.
• Ensure the scheduling, cost estimating and cost control of the project organization are fully integrated.
• Identify potential gaps in Project Controls organization for the project.
• Provide training and assistance of the project for the implementation of the Project Controls processes and communication with the Project Development group.
• Ensure that a reasonable level of effort has been invested in the preparation of the Project Controls requirements in the major contracts.
• Assist in the analysis of contractor input for schedule information.
• Gain and maintain full understanding and awareness of the schedule structure and contents, including the activities and relationships which make up the critical path.
• Assists Project Controls and Project Management representative in formal project reviews
• Lead and facilitate the planning process
• Develop and maintain resource loaded critical path method (CPM) project schedules
• Review schedules from company engineering, procurement, fabrication and subcontractors and inputs data into the project schedule and provide feedback as needed
• Progress schedules, analyze performance, conduct critical path analysis, produce schedule reports and make recommendations for corrective action measures which mitigate impacts to cost and schedule.
• Advise project team as needed
• Review subcontractors schedules
• Review subcontractor man-hour and manning reports
• Review and analyze schedule impacts of change orders
• Review purchase recommendations for schedule impact
• Review and edit project input data into progress reports as required
• Assist in development of project delay claims during project execution
• Perform other duties as required by management
• A bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or other related field or the equivalent experience
• At least 10+ years of experience in a process oriented, E/C Company or in an operating company with project controls or project management duties
• Working knowledge of EPC, Fabrication, construction and engineering work flows
• Experience in Microsoft Project and Primavera will be a plus
• Effective computer skills; including proficiency with Microsoft Office software and discipline specific software applications
• The ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
• Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company
• Effective analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to formulate and communicate sound recommendations
• Experience using SAP Primavera P-6 for the oil and gas industry
• Demonstrate Technical proficiency in the field of Planning and Scheduling, including use of software (Primavera P3 and P6, MS Project)
• Proficiency in the field of schedule analysis and risking
• Experience in SAP
• Working knowledge of all Project Controls activities including cost estimating, cost control, project reporting and risk assessment.
• Working knowledge of Project Service activities including document management, procurement, contract administration and general accounting.
• Experience of and aptitude for working in a diverse cultural environment.
• Stong facilitation skills, able to exert influence on project, partners and contractor staff in potentially adversarial circumstances.
• Ability to make successful and meaningful planning presentations to all levels of management, including analysis, endorsement and recommendations of planning and scheduling deliverables.
Terms & Conditions: For this position preference will be given to Nigerian Nationals only.
Company Profile: An independent E & P Company based in Lagos, Nigeria
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate