Our attention has been drawn to a release written by one Mr Sowunmi Oluwatosin circulating online where he alleged that the wife of Hon Ladi Adebutu, Yeye Adenike Adebutu, was imposing the House of Representatives candidacy of Hon Biodun Ajayi over other aspirants in Abeokuta South Local Government.
Ordinarily, we would not have bothered to respond to such misleading insinuation as this period of politicking is one expected to be laced with fictional allegations and falsehoods. But for the unsuspecting public not to be misled, we decided to respond.
We state unequivocally that the allegation in the report is proven to be false in all material sense.
1. Yeye Adenike Adebutu is from Sagamu LG and not Abeokuta South LG, as such, she couldn’t have meddled in the affairs of Abeokuta South LG. Even in Sagamu, she has not promoted any aspirant. She upholds fairness and level playing ground for every aspirant.
2. Yeye Adenike is extremely preoccupied with the 2019 gubernatorial aspiration of her husband, as such, she doesn’t have the leisure of time to dabble into what does not concern her.
3. Yeye Adenike is not Hon Biodun Ajayi’s wife, as such, she couldn’t have assumed the role of Mrs Ajayi.
4. She is neither a member of Ogun State PDP Executive Committee nor that of the Abeokuta South LG.
5. Resourceful Yeye Adenike has been busy organising several programmes that have direct and indirect impact on the lives of the people. Programs such as safe motherhood, medical outreach, teaching and impacting moral uprightness on students and helping the needy.
6. Yeye Adenike has always shown respect to party leadership across Ogun State. She has always respected party decisions and followed to the letter party directives.
7. Yeye Adenike is of the strong opinion, privately and publicly, that all aspirants should be provided with the required levelled playing ground to test their popularity and acceptability by the delegates who will vote at the the upcoming primaries.
8. Yeye Adenike has served PDP loyally and honestly. She is not the one prone to abusing her status or position in its least form.
Against this background, we urge our people to exercise restraint in peddling unsubstantiated rumour. Doing so does nobody nor the party any good. We need to have confidence in the PDP political process that the leadership of the party has pledged would be free and fair. That is where Yeye Adenike Adebutu stands.
Credit: Adedeji Babington-Ashaye
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate