Job Title: Research Technician I (2 year renewable contract)
Employer: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position of Research Technician I – (2 year renewable contract) at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
• Assist in the maintenance plans of the cassava field bank;
• Assist in the supervision of the activities of workers in the cassava field group;
• Liaise with breeders and the tissue culture group for safe duplication of crop materials.
• Assist in the collection of agronomic data collection team in the GRC cassava field.
• Data entry of data generated in the field bank.
• Coordinate the agronomic data collection team in the yam field;
• Carry out other duties assigned by the supervision.
Qualification, Experience and Skills: OND in Agric or Mech Engr with at least 1 year experience in field management.
The ideal candidate must
• Be honest and hardworking.
• Be a good team player and be able to follow instructions;
• Have adequate knowledge about the maintenance culture of cassava genetic resources field bank.
• Be energetic and able to work under pressure.
Remuneration: We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Deadline: 7th November 2013.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate