SAN RAFAEL, CA–(Marketwired – December 19, 2014) – SafetyChain Software, innovator of food safety chain management systems (FSCMS) that Automate, Streamline and Improve Food Safety and Quality Assurance™ (FSQA) — is helping companies automate management of robust HACCP programs while also providing capabilities to manage HARPC programs under FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
While tools have been available to help define HACCP/HARPC components, SafetyChain for HACCP/HARPC goes far beyond with capabilities to actually schedule tasks, monitor workflow, analyze data in realtime for non-conformance detection/alerts, generate and document CAPA and provide a central repository of food safety data for continuous improvement, FDA/USDA inquiries and audit readiness.
SafetyChain for HACCP/HARPC helps companies:
- Automate USDA HACCP and FDA Preventive Controls workflow and requirements, including unlimited CCPs, PRPs, GMPs, SOPs, Preventive Controls and more — for as many HACCP/HARPC plans and facilities as a company has — automated with task due date/time notifications
- Access all HACCP/HARPC food safety and quality assurance data and records from a single, centralized repository for reporting, benchmarking/trending, continuous improvement and of course readiness for USDA, FDA, 3rd party (such as GFSI), internal and customer audits
- Analyze HACCP and HARPC FSQA data in realtime — against specifications and requirements — with automated alerts when non-compliant results are detected
- Electronically prompt immediate Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPAs) before a safety or quality event gets “out of control”
- Have on-demand access to the information food companies need to respond promptly to USDA, FDA and customer inquiries and audits
Commented Barbara Levin, SafetyChain SVP and co-founder, “USDA’s HACCP and FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) have created a storm of requirements that place a heavy burden on FSQA departments trying to comply using manual processes and records. By automating these programs with SafetyChain HACCP/HARPC, companies can stay ahead of the regulatory paper storm with fully automated HACCP and FDA Preventive Controls functionality that manages, verifies and maintains programs and associated data and records.”
SafetyChain for HACCP/HARPC automation features include the ability to:
- Easily access and revise HACCP/Preventive Control plans and flowcharts for annual and/or mandated reassessments, new regulatory requirements and new or revised processes
- Set up all HACCP/Preventive Control tasks, such as CCPs or PRPs, with automated alerts prior to when the task is due — and escalating alerts to ensure completion — saving time and money while ensuring accuracy
- Cascade new and updated requirements throughout your food supply chain so that compliance is immediately enforced
- Automate CCP/Preventive Controls monitoring and verification against established parameters — with unalterable time/date stamps and electronic signatures
- Automate COAs or other documents when FSQA results are within specifications to speed throughput to the next point in your chain — or receive realtime alerts for “moment of detection” CAPAs
For more information on automating HACCP/HARPC, visit: http://www.safetychain.com/haccp-and-harpc-compliance or contact SafetyChain at firstname.lastname@example.org
About SafetyChain Software
SafetyChain Software is the leading vendor of Food Safety Chain Management Systems that Automate, Streamline & Improve FSQA at all points along a company’s supply chain — for what comes in, what they do with it and what goes out. SafetyChain for Food™ includes integrated modules for Supplier Compliance, Safety and Quality Management, Regulatory and GFSI Compliance, Food Safety Audit Readiness and SafetyChain Mobile — mobile FSQA applications for smart phones and tablets. SafetyChain for Food is an affordable, cloud-based solution with hard-dollar Return on Investment, and is used globally in 15 languages.www.safetychain.com. Follow SafetyChain and co-founder Barbara Levin on Twitter @LevinFoodSafety.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate