Job Title: Statistical Systems Coordinator
Job Code: 3.2.01
Employer: Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
Within the Research Division, the Data Services Department collects, retrieves and provides statistical data as support to the research and analytical studies in the other RD Departments and other activities of the Secretariat. The Department also develops up-to-date IT applications and database systems, and provides specialized relevant documents and references. The Department thus has the responsibility of a central, timely provider of reliable up-to-date data, documentation and information pertaining to oil markets in particular and energy markets and related issues in general as well as rendering IT development services.
Objectives of the Position: To assist the Head of Data Services Department and to coordinate, supervise and carry out statistical activities, to manage and guide staff assigned to the Statistics Group in identifying, collecting, storing and retrieving statistical data for the Secretariat and in providing statistical assistance to researchers in the Secretariat; to carry out statistical research in energy, oil and economics related projects and other administrative tasks relating to the Group.
1. Plans, develops, organizes, coordinates and supervises the activities relating to statistical data support and analysis and coordinates staff assignments within the Group.
2. Guides staff in the group in compiling and analysing statistical data as reported by Member Countries and secondary sources.
3. Supervises the staff in the group in maintaining and updating the statistical database of the Secretariat.
4. Guides the Department’s staff, in close cooperation with the staff of other Departments in the Secretariat, to generate and improve the statistical data reporting by the Secretariat.
5. Maintains and develops networking with other national organizations to improve the quality of statistics data in the Secretariat.
6. Coordinates and assists the Head in administrative matters referring to the Statistics Group.
7. Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Required Competencies & Qualifications: – Education: University degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research or Economics; advanced degree preferred. – Experience: University degree: Ten years; advanced degree: Eight years. – Specialized Training: Statistical methods and analysis, Econometrics, database queries and data mining, relational databases, design principles (ER-Modeling, Data Flow Diagram), extraction and transformation tools, application Software: Excel, Access, Oracle, B20/20, PL/SQL, IT skills (Internet, Networking, FTP, TCP/IP), oil industry operations, firm knowledge in the area of energy with specific expertise in the oil sector. – Skills: Managerial & leadership, communication, analytical, presentation, interpersonal, customer service orientation, team-building, initiative and integrity. – Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Status and Benefits: – Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality. – The post is at grade D reporting to the Head of Data Services Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
Applicants are requested to fill out the application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor for OPEC (http://s.jobnavy.com/OPEC)
In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than 7 November 2013.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate